Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Reflections - Jan 15 Sketch Challenge at Scrap Our Stash

Hello and welcome to the second challenge of 2016 at Scrap Our Stash! This time it is a sketch challenge. As a reminder, the prize in January is a Simple Stories You&Me 12x12 set! It is not too late to play along, you might be the lucky winner! Both challenges are open till January 29.


The sketch this month was created by Rochelle and it's pretty awesome! Together with this sketch, you need to use one item from each of the 3 columns to fulfil this challenge (this is the stash part of the challenge!).






I've followed the sketch pretty closely because I really liked it. I do love my cut files, so when I saw the circle I knew I was going to go for some kind of circle cut file. I've found this Christmas bauble in the Silhouette Store and thought it looked pretty neat! Had to have it (and another five, just to make sure I have something to choose from haha). I've painted the lightbulbs on it with my new favourite gold and magenta Shimmerz paints.

Generally I don't go for simple, clean designs (I like a bit of mess!) so I've matted my photos with torn papers and added a chipboard frame too for dimension. Plus I've added some gold metallic thread under the photos.

The papers, even though they might not look like it, are actually all Christmas papers from various manufacturers.

The stash I've used according to the challenge rules:
List 1: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Fine&Dandy gold number vellum)
List 2: Basic Grey (Juniper Berry Rooftop paper)
List 3: Chipboard (Maggie Holmes Shine collection: frame, bow, heart locket, cross)

Hope you like! Thanks for stopping by XXX