Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Adventure Awaits - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe

Hey there,

Today it's my turn on The Cut Shoppe blog and I'm here to share my latest layout with you. This is one of the 4-5 hand stitched layouts I have been sitting on since July, waiting to be finished! I recently had to reorganize my craft space and finally sorted out some papers that were just lying around and found my stitched backgrounds. Finally I felt inspired to finish this one! It's such a good feeling!
I chose this paper from Paige Evans/Pink Paislee's Take me away collection. I loved the divided pattern and thought I could use the yellow part for a big title. I chose the Adventure Awaits cut file for this, which is a Scrapbook Nerd exclusive cut file designed by The Cut Shoppe. I've used it before and I love it for a big bold title! I decided to go with a tone on tone look and stitched my title with yellow embroidery floss. I love how that looks!




The problem I often face with hand stitched layouts is how to embellish them. I find simple is the best in this case! I decided to keep all my embellishments on the striped part of the paper, together with my photo. I really didn't use much, I chose some wood veneers, clips, chipboard pieces, thickers and a journaling card and that was it! It ended up being a very quick layout (apart from the stitching!), but I needed to sit on it for months to be able to finish it! Sometimes you just need to come back to a layout with fresh eyes!





I hope I could inspire you today in one way or another! Thanks for stopping by and see you soon X