Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Caught red handed - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in with a new layout for Fancy Pants Designs.
I used the super pretty Sweet Nothings collection for this. 

Well, this started out as a completely different layout. I made my background and for the first time ever I gave up on it! I do like it as a piece of art but not as a layout background. It's mainly white, and I seem to prefer patterned paper backgrounds. So I was sitting there staring at a blank piece of paper at 3 am and had no idea what to do. I did what I always do when I don't have an idea: I punched circles. I did several layouts with punched circles in the past so I wanted to do something a bit different. I cut them all in half (really just eyeballed them, didn't measure anything) and started placing them in a circle. Because circles...They are my favourite thing!


I liked the result so I just went with it. First I cut a big circle in the middle of the script paper and backed it with white, textured cardstock. Of course you could just cut a big white circle too and glue it on the patterned paper background, but I did not want to waste any PP :).  


Then I started adhering down my semi circles with my ATG. I only attached them at the bottom so I could slide the next row under them. Once done, I cut a thin circle from an accent color PP to cover up my edges.


I layered some patterned papers and tissue paper behind my photo and glued it all down. I added different pieces from the ephemera pack around and on top of my photo, plus some puffy hearts too.


I finally remembered I also have these super cute clips, so I added some to my photo as well. 


My title is Caught Red Handed, but I generally prefer short titles and I didn't have space for longer either. So I only used the puffy alphas for CAUGHT and the rest of my title I just wrote below with a pen.
To finish off my layout I added my journaling and the date.



It's very simple but I really love the way it looks! And you don't need a diecut machine for this either :).

I hope you found some inspiration here today! 

Thanks for stopping by today X