Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Love - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there friends,
 
I'm back with you today with a new layout for Just Nick.
 
You probably don't know this about me because I mostly do boy pages, but I've been in love with flowers ever since I was a little girl. They make me happy. I love to touch them, smell them and yes, even talk to them. A while ago I decided I will not deny myself the joy of using floral patterns and flowers on my layouts just because I don't scrap girls. They cheer me up. And Nicole does the prettiest floral cut files, doesn't she?!
 
So today again I chose a floral cut file which is quite new still. I think this is my absolute favourite one right now!



Isn't it just fabulous?!
 
I decided to blow it up a little and turn it around so it's at the top of my page. I picked the gorgeous Oh My Heart collection from Paige Evans. I love the purples in this collection! I chose a purple paper for my background, then backed the flowers with different patterned papers from this collection. I hand cut some leaf shapes from different purple papers, which I then layered on the cut file for a bit of extra dimension. I glued some foam adhesive under the cut file so I can tuck my picture under it.



At this point I had no idea what photo I want to use. It happens very often that I do the background and then I find a photo. Mostly one that is already printed so I don't feel like I'm wasting anything ha! But then I realized I actually have a color photo in which I'm wearing some purple floral leggings! So I went ahead and printed out that one. I think it fits perfectly.


 
For my title I picked the cute wood veneer word LOVE which I believe is from Ashley Horton's first collection, Oakley Avenue. I glued this on top of a circle scallop wood veneer from the Paige Evans Take Me Away collection.



Other than this I only added a suede bow, a chipboard, a puffy sticker, a few buttons and some enamel dots. Generally I add more embellishments but I felt like the page was finished at this point. I didn't even add paint splatters which I do on most of my layouts!





I hope I could inspire you in one way or another! Thank you for stopping by today!
X