Thursday, July 27, 2017

You're one in a melon - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,

I'm sharing a new layout today that I created for Fancy Pants Designs.
I used one of their new collections, Hello Sunshine. You can get this collection and sooo much more at Make a pretty life! Have a look, lots of cute stuff there!
 
So, my layout...Here it is:

 
I went a little overboard with patterns and colors here, even for my taste :D. As an exception I started out with a photo of my son eating the first slice of watermelon of the season at their annual class party. I was thinking this collection has all the right colors to scrap this photo. Then there was this cut file from Clique Kits from last summer that I still haven't used, with these fruit slices that remind me of melons. So cute! I cut it out of white textured card stock.
 
 
As always, I backed the cut file with different patterned papers. Mostly to bring in lots of different colors and patterns. I liked the look of the pink striped paper peeking through here and there, so this is what I used for background at the bottom. I used a black and white patterned paper at the top to calm things down a little.
 

Since everything was so busy already, I barely used any embellishments at all. I cut my title from black textured card stock and layered it on top of the fruit cut file.


I picked a few die cuts from the ephemera pack to place them around my photo. I used pop dots with most of them, just to create some dimension on the page. There was even a cute melon in the pack! A lot of the pieces have some gold foiling, they are sooo gorgeous. You guys absolutely need this collection!


Thanks for stopping by today! I will be back with new projects soon! X