Monday, August 7, 2017

Travelers Notebook spreads for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there scrappy friends,
I'm back with some new projects for Fancy Pants Designs today!

Last month we were on holiday and since I can't seem to exist without scrapping, I took some supplies with me and worked on my Traveller's Notebooks (4 in total!). I love documenting our travels in real time. I'm really forgetful, so this helps me keep all information in one place that I'd like to remember. Or if we happen to visit these places again, we remember what we liked and so on.
I mainly used the awesome Hello Sunshine collection for these notebooks, but I also mixed in supplies from my stash, so here I am only sharing a few pages that are using mostly this collection.
First I made my inserts. To make it easy for me on vacation, I used some premade inserts with heavier papers. I like to cover all my blank pages with either patterned paper or white cardstock, I rarely leave the background as is. Because of this, I normally only keep 10 pages in one insert and remove the rest (I use these extra pages to create new inserts), this gives me 11 spreads. Of course you can do it totally differently, this is just the way that works best for me.


I also cover and decorate my inserts. For this I use a sheet of 12x12 paper and cut it to size and adhere it to the original cover. Then I add whatever I find, die cuts, chipboard, tags, stickers, enamel dots etc.
Now the fun can begin! Adding photos, papers, embellies to the pages! No rhyme or reason, I just went with the flow. This time I was more prepared than on our last holiday and pre-cut a lot of cut files in sizes that I knew would fit into these notebooks. For me cut files add a little extra to my projects, simple embellishments if I don't have anything else. Plus, they are flat, that's a plus when it comes to TNs!

So without further ado, here's a few pictures.











As you see, there's many many ways to decorate your pages. I like them full of color and patterns, but there is no right or wrong way to do this. You can use lots of scraps, even to cover the pages in different ways, or punching shapes like circles or hexagons etc. I encourage you to give TNs a try! It is really fun working on them. I swear I can't wait for our next travel to be able to work on more :D.

Should you have any questions regarding these pages, just leave a message here or my Instagram. I'm always happy to help!

I hope you like these pages and are inspired to get scrapping! Thank you for stopping by today!
Till next time,

X