Wednesday, November 29, 2017

December Daily Album Cover - DT project for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there crafty friends,

After sharing the first bunch of filler pages for my December Daily album, I'm back today showing you my DD album cover!

Since I love wreaths, I wanted to create one on the cover and Paige was kind enough to listen to my wish! I've used the Holly Wreath cut file (Silhouette ID: 230976). Isn't it just fabulous?


I picked one of my favorite Christmas collections (in traditional colours anyway!), Christmas on Market Street from My Mind's Eye. I'm quite bummed that I hardly have any papers left :(.  

I sized down the cut file to fit onto my cover, then started backing the holly berries and leaves. I fussy cut some poinsettias from one of the 12x12 papers, as well as some smaller flowers.


I then glued down my cut file in the middle of my cover. Apropos glue...The topic is driving me insane. I've tried soooo many types of glue. Glue that some folks state can hold floor boards in place. NOTHING works on slick surfaces for me. So typically I can't glue anything onto a page protector, I can't glue any small metal embellies or sequins onto my layouts. Yeah sequins stay on with glue dots but if I wanted to I could totally remove them. Anyway back to topic. I used tacky glue to glue the cut file to the cover. Once it dried, I could peel it off without damaging anything. With ease. The horror! Then I used glossy accents and now I don't dare to touch that thing!


I chose some big cork numbers from my stash and some small ones from this year's Ali Edwards December Daily main kit to create the year.  I picked a couple more embellishments for the center, a chipboard banner from the MME Christmas on Market Street collection, a gold foiled wood veneer from the Pinkfresh Studio December Days, a tassel and an arrow I found at Michael's earlier this year.


I glued everything down and added the little charms with a piece of twine. 

As a last step, I added some Nuvo Jewel Drops to the holly berries. I'm obsessed with any kind of drops but this one is my favorite!


And done! This wasn't a complex project but I really like how it tuned out.

That's all for today guys!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day you guys!

X