Friday, February 9, 2018

The Greatest Love of All - DT layout for Just Nick

Hello scrappy friends,

Today I have a new layout to share that I created for Just Nick. 

This week we are focusing on LOVE, so I've picked the Free Love cut file. I've used this as part of my title - the rest of the title was created using the Outline Alpha cut file.



When I think of love, the very first person that comes to my mind is my son, of course. I've come across this photo of him recently, as a tiny baby lying on his daddy's back. I thought this would be perfect for today's layout. Also, I haven't used the super cute Crate Paper Little You collection in ages so I was happy to bust it out!

First I created my title - I made LOVE the biggest so it remains the focus, plus I knew I wanted to place my photo behind the O. I welded all letters in every word to make my life easier ha! Then I backed each word with different patterned papers. I have a ton of papers left from this collection but unfortunately not many different ones and I'm missing the ones that have a bit of yellow in them. I didn't want my layout to be only blue so I decided to use yellow card stock behind my title. On the left I have my fave paper and on the right a simple blue-white striped paper that is actually not even from this collection.


I adhered the title to the background with the help of foam adhesive. Once done, I started embellishing. There's so many cute embellishments in this collection! I added a few chipboard pieces, stickers, a sweet little lion clip and scattered some enamel dots around the page. 


To finish off the layout I added my journaling and some black paint spatters. I could not stamp the date because I don't find it anywhere in the photo properties. Around the time Maxim was 4 my boyfriend did something on our computer, copied the photos from one place to the other or something like that, and all photos from before that time have the same date stamp on them. This still makes me so mad! Sure, in some cases I can figure out the year and the month, but in this case, I have no idea. Of course this is not the end of the world, but you know...just really sad that I don't know how old my kiddo is in some pictures. If any of you knows a solution to this problem, I'm all ears! 


That's it for today! Hope you like the layout!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
X