Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Venice/Hey Sailor - DT layouts for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there,

I'm back with two layouts that I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team. 

A while back I asked Paige to design a sailboat cut file (Silhouette ID: #249895) because there's a blue paper in her latest collection, Pick-Me-Up, with sail boats on it and I have quite a few photos of my son taken on a sailing boat. I thought I finally make a proper boy page. Except, I've had this ancient photo of myself on my desk for the longest time...And I was not going to use boy colors for this one, ha! Sooo then came the idea to make two layouts, a boy and a girl page, using the same design and the same cut file! 

Without further ado, here they are:


I started out by modifying the cut file in Silhouette Studio because I wanted the sails to look like lace. I've combined them with another cut file, the Flower Small Background (Silhouette ID: #225777), then cut the boat from white, textured card stock. I backed the flowers with two different patterned papers, then backed both sails with a pale patterned paper too. I also added patterned papers to the boat, the mast and the flag.


I added foam adhesive behind the whole cut file so that I could tuck my photo behind it. I cut a few more flowers and leaves using the Flower Cluster cut file (Silhouette ID: 216846) and adhered these on the sails to give some extra dimension. I also fussy cut some flowers from one of the patterned papers and created three floral clusters on the page. I kinda wish I had a boat like this haha!


I glued down my title, added some chipboard elements, labels, stickers, then wrote my journaling, the  date and splattered some gold ink to finish off my first layout.



First I wanted to modify the second cut file too and add stars to the sails but I also really wanted to use this watermelon paper because I haven't used it yet. So I decided against the stars. I bet it would have looked nice though! 

Instead I cut several clouds using the Cloud Trio cut file (Silhouette ID: #216711). I glued these down at the top of the page, but I only put adhesive to the middle of each one so they could stay dimensional. Just like on the previous layout, I added foam adhesive to this boat too. However I didn't tuck the photo behind it this time.


I added some embellishments: stickers, chipboard pieces, die cuts and tags. Oh, and a star button on the flag too! There was a baseball cap die cut in the ephemera pack and it fit on my son's head almost perfectly, so I added this too, because you know, if not now, when?


For my title I used the gorgeous alpha thickers from the Pick-Me-Up collection. I think these are my most favourite alphas from all of Paige's collections! 



I used a white pen for my journaling, because I felt like it fit the colors better. Also, I had to add those two boats on this layout obviously, one is a chipboard, the other is a card stock sticker.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some way! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

X