Friday, May 11, 2018

Card inspiration - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello friends,

I'm dropping in to share some new card ideas with you! I've made these for Pinkfresh Studio. This month we are focusing on the collection stamp sets, that is, the 3 sets that come with the latest three collections, Let Your Heart Decide, Be You and A Case of the Blahs.

Here's what I came up with:


I started with the A Case of the Blahs set and decided to make a masculine card. I created my own background by stamping BLAH all over my white card stock. I used 4 different shades of blue inks and created an ombre design. I also colored in some of the words with matching markers and splattered some ink (tone on tone) all over the card. I then adhered this panel onto an A2 size navy card stock, then on an A2 card base. I added two thin strips of blue patterned paper on both sides of the white panel. 


I die cut 3 stars from card stock and patterned papers. I stamped a sentiment on the smallest star and embossed it. I stacked these up, using foam adhesive between some of the layers, then added some tangled metallic thread under the stack and glued it all down. I added Nuvo drops to finish off my card.


For my next card I had different plans from what I ended up with, but that's OK, plans change as we go right? Especially if things get messed up, we adjust accordingly! Which is totally what happened in this case. I actually embossed a whole A2 panel using the gorgeous background stamp in the Be You collection, but I wasn't happy with the embossing. I use textured card stock, partly because I prefer it, partly because that's all I can find here haha! It's not easy to emboss on it, especially if I can only stamp the image once. The stamp is not big enough to cover a panel this size, so I had to stamp it 4 times to cover it all and I wouldn't have been able to line it all up for a second stamping. Anyway, I ended up trimming off the part I didn't like, then I created an A2 size card base, adhered some patterned paper on it, then my embossed panel in the middle, and two thin strips of patterned papers for contrast on the top and bottom.


I used some chipboard and die cut ephemera pieces to create the cluster in the middle. All these are from the Be You scrapbook collection. 


I wanted to use all three collection stamp sets, so my last card is made with the Let Your Heart Decide set. I drew a circle in the middle of an A2 size white card stock. Then I stamped a bunch of leaves along the circle, using Versamark ink. I heat embossed these with rose gold embossing powder. I decided to stamp more leaves on another card stock and fussy cut them out so I could add some dimension to my wreath. I also stamped a few flowers in different shades of blue and fussy cut these out too. I arranged them in a circle and glued them down. 


I stamped my sentiment on a circle die cut and with the help of some foam adhesive I attached it to my card. For finishing touches, I splattered navy ink everywhere, added Nuvo glitter drops and a twine bow.


That's it for today! I hope I could give you a couple of ideas on how to use these stamp sets!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a beautiful day!

X