Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Guesting at Where Creativity Meets C9

Hey there crafty friends,

Today I'm joining the wonderful designers at Where Creativity Meets C9 with some cards  for this month's challenge.

A bit about Concord&9th. I came across this amazing company last year when I saw their awesome Happy Balloons set, which of course I had to have. I asked Scrapbook Werkstatt to import some of these stamps and dies since they were not available anywhere here. Not that I could find anyway! Since then I'm hooked and can't wait for the 8th when Where Creativity Meets C9 are back with a new challenge, and the 9th when all new products are released!

This month the challenge is Floral. Well, that's an easy one right? I love flowers and what I enjoy most about card making is that I can use flowers anytime! As opposed to scrapbooking, since I only have a son! I'll still use pink and flowers on my layouts but sometimes it just doesn't feel right...


And here's some cards I made for the challenge:


I've used the gorgeous Posie-Fill-In stamp and die set to create my first card. This stamp is right up my alley! I love geometric designs with flowers! And because I also love black and white with pops of color, I stamped the background with black ink on Neenah solar white card stock and added colorful flowers. I kept to one color family, mainly because I just got this ink pad set from Altenew and wanted to try it out! I stamped some coral leaves directly onto the background and I stamped some in black ink which I then die cut so I could create a more dimensional look. I stamped the flowers first on the background, then I decided to add an extra layer, so I stamped them on a separate card stock and die cut them. I used some foam adhesive to pop them up. I embossed the sentiment on a strip of black card stock and glued it on one of the flowers. To finish off this card I added some Nuvo drops.


On my second and third card (I rarely create just one card at a time) I've used the Just Because dies, the Plaid Background stamp and the Everyday Circle dies. I stamped the plaid background using blue ink and die cut the circle with the Everyday Circle die. I die cut another one from blue card stock. Then I swapped the negative pieces and mounted these two circles onto some white card stock, then cut them out using my scissors. I also die cut a few different leaves as well as some flowers using the Just Because dies. The blue paper I used for the leaves is actually wallpaper haha! I had this piece saved because it's a gorgeous metallic blue paper and I'm happy I finally used some of it! I created two A2 size top folding card bases from heavy weight white card stock, then adhered some A2 size patterned paper on them (these papers are from the Pinkfresh Studio Be You collection, while the apricot paper I used for the flowers is from the Cocoa Vanilla More Than Words collection). I used foam adhesive behind the circles to pop them up and tucked the leaves behind them too. I glued down the flowers and added some Nuvo drops for flower centers. Done!




I hope you join the challenge, it's super fun!

Big thanks to Where Creativity Meets C9 for this awesome opportunity!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!

X