Friday, May 25, 2018

Let's celebrate - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi lovelies,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for Fancy Pants. I've used the gorgeous The Bright Side collection on this one!


I picked a butterfly cut file I liked (one of the butterflies in the Butterfly Cluster cut file by Paige Taylor Evans) and cut it from different patterned papers and in different sizes. I then stitched 3-4 together, using my sewing machine. 


I also cut another cut file from textured white card stock (The Chicken Wire by The Cut Shoppe), then I started putting my layout together. I picked a blue striped paper from the Family&Co collection for my background. I love this paper!


I then adhered the Chicken Wire cut file to my background paper. I didn't put glue everyone on the cut file because I wanted to create a dimensional look. I arranged the butterflies the way I liked them, then glued them down. 


I layered some tissue paper, tags and die cuts behind both photos and placed them on the layout. For my journaling I used a journaling spot. To finish off my layout I added a chipboard title and a few chipboard hearts.


I hope you like how it turned out! I love dimension and layered hearts/butterflies/etc give so much texture to the layout too! I realise this style is not for everyone, but it is certainly my style!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

X